Three Degrees of Burns: Look out, Brighton!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Look out, Brighton!

My brand new snowboard is finally here! It is a super nice, state of the art board. It has something called magnetraction. It's a new design in the shape of the board that provides more control and ability to carve through rough conditions. I also have brand new Burton bindings that are a new design with a strap over the toe of the boot instead of over the laces. Along with my new dual boa boots that Sean got me last year, I have an entirely new setup! It's all top of the line stuff and the best part is, we didn't pay a single penny out of our pockets to get it.

Sean and I ordered our boards at the same time, but Sean got his board a few weeks ago. My board took longer because it was so new that they hadn't even made them yet.


I put my boots on and strapped in last night. I know it sounds crazy, but I was amazed at the difference! The technology has changed so much since I got my equipment years ago. We're really looking forward to our annual January Utah trip. We're also excited because Brandon is old enough to go with us this year!
All of you season pass holders and Utah residents, get your equipment ready!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

WOW!! Somewhere in the genetics, I missed the "snow gene." You look right at home with that snowboard in your hand, and I can't wait to see pictures. You guys took some awesome jump shots last time. I am so happy for you!

Paulene Davis said...

Your new board is beautiful and so are you. I am so glad that you and Sean got new equipment. We are looking forward to having you in January. The only thing we lack right now is snow.

Linda Clark said...

Fantastic board! That sounds fun, my early ski lessons at Sundance were too much of a stretch for me, I guess my continuous cold bottom didn't out weigh the hot ski doggies! I think it is fantastic that you board as a family. Hope the snow levels increase! We ALL need to "think(and pray for)snow.

Kristy Stoner said...

SO FUN! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to go with you! Hopefully it snows sometime soon! :)

Dad Davis said...

Now that I have a season pass to Brighton I will have to go for my morning ski rather than my morning run. If you need someone to ski with Brandon let me know.