Three Degrees of Burns: Happy Halloween!

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Brandon chose his costume very carefully this year. We looked online for a couple of weeks and after wanting to be a police officer and pirate, he finally settled on being a "bone dude". That's what he called the skeleton costume we found. He was really excited about putting on his costume and to get the face paint on. That is, until he saw himself in the mirror. He was really upset and said he didn't like the the face paint. I asked him if he wanted me to take it off, and he said no. He told me he was sad because no one would know who he was. I assured him that people would know. He remained a bit embarrassed about it all until we got to the church and he saw other kids in costumes. Apparently I never communicated to him that everyone dresses up for Halloween! We went to Sean's sister's trunk-or-treat (our old ward) on Saturday and our own ward's trunk-or-treat last night. He was much more laid back about the second one. Brandon loved the carnival at our ward's trunk-or-treat and didn't want to stop playing the bean bag toss to get candy. He would take his three throws and then quickly get back in line to take another turn. He has quite the little throwing arm and even knocked the clown face down once. He definitely impressed all the dads around.



He really started getting into his character and scaring everyone in sight. He's such a fun kid! We're already starting the countdown until next Halloween. I hope next Halloween I'll see some pictures of Bree and Audrey in costumes! I'm glad everyone had a great holiday!!

7 comments:

Bree D. said...

I love his costume, he looks so great!! Isn't Halloween the best, next year I will be sure to take a picture of myself for you!!!!

Dad Davis said...

what a darling little boy. I can see why the other Dads are impressed!!

Audrey said...

That is the cutest skeleton costume I have seen! and of course his face is cute too. I love it! Of course he is athletic - look at his parents!

Paulene Davis said...

I could hardly tell it was Brandon--it was the green crocs that gave him away. A great costume and great makeup. I am so glad that he had good time. You are right, he is a fun little boy.

Linda Clark said...

Brandon's costume is the cutest skeleton I've ever seen. I think the ward carnivals and the trunk and treat idea is the greatest thing ever. Thanks for the cute pics!

Kristy Stoner said...

I love it! He looks awesome! I can't wait until Ayden knows what's going on.

Kelly said...

Brandon looks so scary!! It sounds like a fun time. Brandon is such a little athlete. I like the picture of Brandon and Sean in his shorts and flip flops, it made me really miss AZ!!