Three Degrees of Burns: Temple Lights

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Temple Lights

Tonight, we went to the Mesa temple to look at the lights. It was great to hear an A Capella group while gazing at the palm trees decorated in brilliant lights of all colors. Brandon's favorite was a light fountain that looked like water was actually coming down. Brandon saw it and excitedly asked, "Mommy, can I jump in it?" He's such an adventurous kid. He loved the lights, but was not pleased by the string of lights creating restrictions on where he could go. He asked if we could "open the gate" and go touch the lights. He was a bit disappointed in my answer.
My favorite was the display of lights floating on the pond in front of the Visitor's Center. It was really beautiful. I am still partial to the lights at the Salt Lake Temple, but at least my toes and ears weren't freezing! After the lights we went back to Sean's mom's house for hot chocolate and muffins. It was a great way to end the night.

7 comments:

Bree D. said...

Going to see the lights at the temple is a wonderful holiday tradition, mix it with going home to grandma's for hot chocolate and you have a perfect evening!!! Looks like you had a wonderful time and I wish I could have seen the decorated Palm tree in person!

Linda Clark said...

I didn't even think about other lights at temples for Christmas, thanks for sharing those in Mesa. Sounds like a great evening. What a great tradition to have. Brandon is really growing up, what a cutie.

Audrey said...

Grace loved Brandon's funny face in the photo. "Let's have him come to our house." she said. Nothing says Christmas like palm trees in lights! What a fun night.

Kristy Stoner said...

That's funny cause my friend that's from Mesa says the lights at the Mesa temple are way better than temple square. :) Guess I'll have to come down one year to decide for myself.

Paulene Davis said...

I loved looking at your photos. I miss your family so much and can't wait for your visit in 12 days and counting. I remember being on the Mesa Temple grounds and feeling how special that temple is. I am sure that this same feeling is magnified during this wonderful season. Just a note for all snowboarders--we are receiving more snow tonight and part of tomorrow. See you soon.

Dad Davis said...

Wow when did Brandon grow up. He looks big enough to me to go skiing so lets plan on it

ashley said...

okay... so i'm really not stalking you or anything. you posted this on facebook so it's your fault anyway. your family is so cute! and there is just something about going downtown and freezing to death while taking in the lights. although i'm sure the same spirit is down on mesa too!